People mainly sell tangible fixed assets like houses for many reasons. But the two biggest motivations behind selling a house fast are money and timing.
Sometimes selling out some property can save you time and money and perhaps keep the bank or municipality from repossessing your home. But nobody sells their houses without any reason.
So, let’s see the top 10 reasons homeowners sell their houses fast.
- The Ultimate House Inspection Checklist
- 6 Things to Consider Before You Buy Your First Home
- How Much Does it Cost to Sell a Home?
1. Massive Repair
If your house needs to go through a massive repair, it’s better to sell it. Because
- Repairing is costly. It can even cost you tens of thousands of dollars.
- Repairing can be lengthy.
- If you are busy at work or have family obligations, it will be difficult for you to supervise the repairing progress and the quality of the contractors’ work.
- If you live far away, you probably won’t be able to do anything instantly if an accident occurs during the repair process.
- If this is your first time working with house repairing contractors, they may try to rip you off.
So, it’s better to sell your damaged house and keep yourself stress-free in these situations.
2. Selling an Inherited House
If you inherited a house from an elderly member of your family but-
- You don’t want to be a homeowner.
- You are not able to care for and maintain the property.
- The house needs massive repairs.
- You didn’t like the house and wanted to shift to a better one.
All of the above scenarios call for a “home sale solution.”
3. Unpleasant Tenants
Some house owners need to deal with unpleasant and rude tenants who-
- Don’t care about your house.
- Keeps complaining all the time.
- Damage things frequently.
- Ask for repairs and so on.
- Don’t pay rent on time.
These kinds of tenants can be a real headache. And it’s natural for the tired landlords to get rid of their houses with such tenants as fast as possible. You can take help from the Cash buyers who specialize in buying houses with problematic tenants.
Relocation is one of the common reasons to sell a house quickly. So,
- If you want to change your neighborhood and get close to your family and friends.
- If you want to move to another city to explore new opportunities.
- If you want to move to a more affordable neighborhood.
Don’t worry! Many people are looking for houses. Find the best deal and sell your house.
5. Vacant House
Selling a vacant house can be a wise decision because-
- It’s challenging to manage and keep a close eye on the property if you aren’t around.
- You have to keep paying for insurance, taxes, and maintenance for the house that you aren’t even using.
- Handling vacant houses is always expensive.
So, if you’re trying to sell a home quickly due to any of the reasons we are mentioning, try to take the services of real estate companies that provide services in major US cities such as Orlando, New York, Los Angeles, or Atlanta.
6. Downsizing House
If you live by yourself in a big house, it’s better to sell a portion of your house. Because:
- Maintaining a big house is expensive and tiresome.
- Empty rooms can make you feel empty, lonely, and depressed.
- You may not always have enough money to keep it running.
So, if you sell a portion of your house, things will be a lot easier and cheaper for you. This is also known as downsizing.
7. Fast Cash
The need for urgent cash is one of the greatest motivations for house owners to sell houses faster. If you are a house owner but need quick money for
- Your bank account.
- Investing in other assets.
- Buying a new home, or for,
- Some unexpected expenses.
Then, selling your house can bring you fast cash. Just seal the right deal!
8. Late Payments and Forclosure
It’s normal for homeowners dealing with a financial crisis and are way behind on their taxes or payments to try to sell their house faster.
And most importantly, if you’re unable to repay your mortgage or loan payment, the bank will file a foreclosure and may call for an auction to sell your property to collect their payments.
One solution is to sell your house and pay all the bills and mortgage with that money. This way you may end up with some money. But if your late payments pile up you will need to sell your house in foreclosure.
Eventually, year after year, your taxes accumulate and become an overwhelming figure that may exceed the value of your house. And then, the authority will call for an auction and sell the house to the highest bidder by the city.
So, when you know that you cannot pay your property taxes, just sell your house as soon as possible before your home is seized.
10. Violation and Citation
If your home is not well-maintained or does not have the proper permits, cities will issue fines and citations. Violations may occur due to overgrown grass, hazardous conditions, or unpermitted improvements.
And all of these fines can add up to thousands of dollars. Violations result in the city taking ownership of your home, just like back taxes.
Some other reasons to sell houses faster can be:
- If you own a house in other states.
- Your family is indifferent about selling the house.
- Getting a divorce can also be a reason.
- You are going through an eviction.
A professional cash home buyer is an excellent choice when you need to sell your house quickly. But ask for proof of funds, bank statements, check Better Business Bureau accreditation, and client testimonials before dealing with any purported cash buyer. We have listed the common reasons people want to sell their house quickly. But each person’s situation is unique, and you may have other reasons to sell. Hope you can sell your house quickly without a glitch.
Looking for your dream home?
Soho can help you find it. Browse our search page to check out some amazing listings available right now. But don’t just stop there, download our app to get the full Soho experience. Just remember to shortlist or swipe left on our listings so we can send you others that better match what you’re looking for.